The Other Boleyn Girl


Host: Lisa Noma
Book: The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
Meeting Date: Sunday, July 6, 2008
Metting Time: 11:00 AM
Meeting Location: Janet's (Lodi)

Synopsis
Two sisters competing for the greatest prize: the love of a king
When Mary Boleyn comes to court as an innocent girl of fourteen, she catches the eye of Henry VIII. Dazzled by the king, Mary falls in love with both her golden prince and her growing role as unofficial queen. However, she soon realizes just how much she is a pawn in her family's ambitious plots as the king's interest begins to wane and she is forced to step aside for her best friend and rival: her sister, Anne. Then Mary knows that she must defy her family and her king, and take her fate into her own hands.

A rich and compelling tale of love, sex, ambition, and intrigue, The Other Boleyn Girl introduces a woman of extraordinary determination and desire who lived at the heart of the most exciting and glamorous court in Europe and survived by following her own heart.

RATINGS:
7 out of 11 members voted.
57% gave this book 5 stars
28% gave this book 4 stars
14% gave this book 3 stars

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did we set a date for our next meeting? I have about 200 more pages to read.

Anonymous said...

No date is set yet...I only have about 100 pages left. It's such a good book. I'm really looking forward to finishing it.

Anonymous said...

I'm finished with the book and can meet anytime. I was also thinking that after our meeting we could all watch the movie The Other Boleyn Girl. What do you think?

Anonymous said...

Loved the book! Can't wait to talk about it. Yes, we should watch the movie....see how it compares.

Anonymous said...

I have the movie coming on my netflix this week. Should I wait and watch it.

Anonymous said...

I finished the book a couple of weeks ago and I am ready for our meeting (Hint - Lisa)! I miss not having a book to read every night before going to bed - can't wait to get our next book?

Anonymous said...

I'm ready for a new book too!! Lisa, when do you want to meet? Is anyone up for watching the movie?

Anonymous said...

I think I've selected a new book. Some have already read it, but I'd like to read it so... By the way, I'm down for watching the movie. I ended up not watching it. I'm saving it for Book Club.

Anonymous said...

I open to meeting whenever..... just sometime before mid July. I can do June 28 or 29 (next weekend) or July 5 or 6.

what do you guys think? I'm pretty much open :)

Lisa Noma

Anonymous said...

4th of July weekend works best for me. My mom and Christa are in Lake Elsinore for a week and won't be home until Sunday, June 29th.

Anonymous said...

4th of July weekend is good for me too.














July 5th or 6th is good for me!