Love in the Time of Cholera


Host: Christa Williams
Book: Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Meeting Date: November 24,2007
Location: Jenny's (Lodi)
Time: 10:30 am

Synopsis
Set in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, it tells the poignant story of the power of unrequited love, and how lovesickness (much like cholera) can plague human existence. The novel involves a love triangle between Fermina Daza, Florentino Ariza and Juvenal Urbino which endures for fifty years, revealed through a flashback from childhood to old age.

RATINGS:
6 out of 11 members voted.
16% gave this book 3 stars
83% gave this book 1 star

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...The meeting's going to be held at my house hun? Oh alright!

Darla said...

The movie opens Nov 16th.

Anonymous said...

I'm only a 3rd into the book and yes you have to read every single word to know what's going on, but I'm enjoying it so far. How does everyone else like it?

Anonymous said...

I am SO SORRY for picking this book. It was terrible!! I don't know what Oprah was thinking.
I'll go see the movie as punishment. :)

Anonymous said...

Has anyone seen the movie?

Anonymous said...

I watched the trailer OnDemand. I wasn't all that impressed. I don't think I'll see the movie