Twilight



Host:Melissa Williams
Book: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Meeting Date: Sunday, August 2, 2009
Meeting Time: 1:00 PM
Location: Williams/Sorensen's Home (Elk Grove)

Synopsis:
Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Isabella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Isabella, the person Edward holds most dear. The lovers find themselves balanced precariously on the point of a knife -- between desire and danger.

Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.

RATINGS:
7 out of 11 members voted.
57% gave this book 5 stars
42% gave this book 4 stars

7 comments:

Lisa said...

This is going to be fun, we can turn into giddy, love-sick teenagers all over again, weee!

Janelle said...

lisa, i couldn't agree more :)

Anonymous said...

Umm...so I was completely resistant to reading this book, and stubbornly convinced that even if I did read it I wouldn't like it. Much to my surprise, I began reading and ended up HOOKED. No, I mean really HOOKED! My poor family...I was so absorbed that I had to read all four books as quickly as possible so I could get on with my life - kind of embarrassing :)- Looking forward to seeing all of you soon.
Kris

Unknown said...

Hello All!
I really enjoyed Twilight, but now I'm struggling with New Moon :(
I was just wondering if I need to pick a book for next meeting or if we are going to continue with the Twilight series? Let me know what you think.

Mel said...

My vote is to pick a new book.

Anonymous said...

Please pick a new book!

janet said...

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Leland and i decided to come up to Turtle House since once grape season starts we won't be able to come up as much. Soooo I will not be attending the Sunday meeting - SORRY
I did read Twilight, enjoyed it but didn't LOVE it.
See all of you soon!!!